When the Building Department receives an Application (General Permit Application to be used for every project) the process starts;
1. Application needs to be complete - all pertinent information needs to be submitted (see Permit package (project specific) for work being done).
2. A pre-site inspection is scheduled with the Applicant/Contrator.
3. After the site inspection, a plan review is done by the Building Inspector.
4. Once the Application has been approved a Permit will be issued.
5. We will call for Permit pick-up when ready.
6. Permit card should be posted, and work may begin.
7. The Applicant/Contractor should call in for all inspections. This will be discusssed at the pre-site inspection.
8. Once the final inspection has been completed and passed, a Final Certificate will be issued.
Please note: A Certificate of Occupancy fee is required, if applicable.
PLEASE SEE THE LIST OF APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND INSPECTIONS FOR EACH SPECIFIC PROJECT BELOW.
**** APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED TO THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT BY MAIL, DROPPED OFF IN OUR DROP BOX LOCATED IN THE VESTIBULE IN THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING , OR IN PERSON BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00AM - 4:00PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. ****
FEES CAN NOW BE PAID USING CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
You must download the List of NYS Certified Electrical Inspectors Registered with the Town of East Fishkill with the Electrical Permit Application.
This file is updated often and is posted as a separate download above.
Water Test Collectors Registered with Town of East Fishkill (for Homeowners)
The mandatory Part 5 Water Test required by the Town does NOT include testing for PFOS or PFOA, however the Town does recommend testing for these compounds.
All Applications and Forms can be downloaded and filled in by hand or with the free Adobe PDF Reader.