When the Building Department receives an application (general permit application to be used for every project) the process starts;
1. Application needs to be complete - all pertinent information needs to be submitted (see permit package (project specific) for work being done).
2. A pre-site inspection is scheduled with the applicant/contrator.
3. After the site inspection, a plan review is done by the building inspector.
4. Once the application has been approved a permit will be issued.
5. The permit will be e-mailed at this time, and plans will be kept with the file until the first inspection. Applicants may schedule an appointment to pick up plans. Once the building is open to the public, the applicant will pick-up ther permit/plans.
6. Permit card should be posted, and work may begin.
7. The applicant/contractor should call in for all inspections. This will be discusssed at the pre-site inspection.
8. Once the final inspection has been completed and passed, a final certificate will be mailed to the owner.
PLEASE SEE THE LIST OF APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND INSPECTIONS FOR EACH SPECIFIC PROJECT.
****APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED TO THE BUILDING DEPARTMENT BY MAIL, OR THEY MAY BE DROPPED OFF IN OUR DROP BOX LOCATED IN THE VESTIBULE IN THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00AM - 4:00PM MONDAY THRU FRIDAY.****
You must download the List of NYS Certified Electrical Inspectors Registered with the Town of East Fishkill with the Electrical Permit Application.This file is updated often and is posted as a separate download above.
All Applications and Forms can be downloaded and filled in by hand or with the free Adobe PDF Reader.